부활절의 의미 What is Easter?

에듀스페셜

부활절의 의미 What is Easter?

관리자 0

“부활, Peace in Heaven” 

513eb05a70355e312c311728e3e0b900_1477594711_91.jpg

“Would you know my name if I saw you in heaven?”

“Would you hold my hand if I saw you in heaven?”

Eric Clapton의 ‘Tears in heaven’입니다. 그는 아들과 함께 동물원에 가기로 약속합니다. 아들은 “아빠 사랑해요.” 편지를 써놓고 아파트 난간에서 아빠를 기다립니다. 그런데 그만 실수로 추락사하게 됩니다. 아들을 향한 노래가 ‘Tears in heaven’입니다.

천국에서 아들은 아버지를 알아볼까요? 그의 손을 잡아줄까요?

세월호 참사가 일어난 지 이제 일년이 되었습니다. 우리는 많은 아이들을 앞서 보내야 했습니다. 그리고 우리는 여전히 많은 아이들을 찾지 못하고 있습니다. 

세월호의 아이는 메시지를 보냈습니다. “엄마, 말 못할까 봐 문자 보내 놓는다. 사랑해요.” 하지만 부모는 답할 곳을 잃었습니다. 벌써 일년, 하지만 자녀에게 보낸 메시지 옆 “1”이라는 숫자는 사라지지 않습니다.

아직 일년, 여전히 부모님은 핸드폰을 여는 것이 힘겨울 것입니다.

과연 부모님들의 답이 자녀에게 닿는 날이 올까요? 부모님들은 다시 자녀들을 만날 수 있을까요?

513eb05a70355e312c311728e3e0b900_1477594740.bmp

30중반에 얻는 저의 외동딸 ‘Elaine’은 고집 세고, 누구에게도 안가고 저에게만 매달려 있는 아이였습니다. 그래도 예쁘고 똑똑한 아이였습니다.

어느 날, 밤새 아팠고, 밤새 품에 있었고, 새벽에 ‘나는 아빠 좋아’라고 말하고 먼저 하늘 나라에 갔습니다.

저는 다시 ‘Elaine’을 안을 수 있을까요? 저는 다시 ‘나는 아빠 좋아’라는 말을 들을 수 있을까요?

Easter 입니다.

예수님께서 부활하셨습니다.

예수님이 부활하신 것처럼 우리 모두도 부활할 것입니다.

이것은 교리가 아닙니다. 이것은 철학도 아닙니다.

이것은 무관심하게 들을 말도 아닙니다. 이것은 나와는 상관없는 일이 아닙니다.

믿는 자에게 부활은 ‘빈 무덤’의 사건입니다.

무덤에 시체가 없어졌습니다. 무덤이 비게 되었습니다.

부활의 날에 우리 삶의 눈물도, 분노도 아픔도 비워지게 될 것입니다.

믿는 자에게 부활은 ‘변화’의 사건입니다.

예수님의 몸은 생명이 되었고

여인들의 눈물은 노래가 되었고

제자들의 아픔은 평화가 되었습니다.

십자가는 수치는 영광이 되었습니다.

부활의 날에

수치는 영광이 될 것입니다.

아픔은 평화가 될 것입니다.

눈물은 노래가 될 것입니다.

죽음은 생명이 될 것입니다.

Easter입니다.

부활을 소망합니다.

Eric Clapton은 그의 아들과 하늘의 동물들을 구경하며,

세월호의 부모님들의 폰에서는 ‘1’이 사라지며,

제가 가시 Elaine을 안을 그 날,

부활을 기다립니다.

“Beyond the door there’s peace, I’m sure.

And I know there’ll be no more tears in heaven.”

정병규 목사 | Go & Disciple Church

What is Easter? 

For all of my life, I had millions of questions about Easter. For Example; why is there a bunny on Easter day? Why is there an egg? Why do we eat chocolate on Easter? Why does Easter day change every year? Why do Jews celebrate Passover on the same day as Easter? Why do non-religious people celebrate Easter? Then, I quickly realized that we rarely talk about Jesus' resurrection on Easter. I began to wonder why?

After 4 hours of investigation, I finally discovered that we need to go all the way back to 3,500years of history to comprehend most of these puzzling questions. But, for the purpose of this article, I have summarized the main points to gain basic knowledge about Easter.

First question is why do Jews celebrate Passover on the same day as Easter?

The Passover for Jews refers to their slavery in Egypt 3,500 years ago. During their captivity, God sent a prophet name Moses to rescue the people of Hebrew. To force Pharaoh to release Hebrew slaves, the Angel of Death passed over Jewish homes and killed only the Egyptian's first born son. Since then, Jews began celebrating Passover for the special protection and deliverance they received from God.  Coincidently, Jesus' death and His resurrection occurred at the same time as the Jewish Passover.

Next, the name Easter and all of Easter traditions that we practice today originated from Germany. In the 8th century, the people in German called the month of April as the month of Eostre. Later, in English, the word Eostre was converted to Easter. A thousand years later, during the medieval period, like Virgin Mary, rabbits or hares were added into Easter because they were thought to be hermaphrodite (organism with both male and female sexes).

Moreover, hiding our Easter eggs for our children was in reference to Jesus disciples' quest for searching for His empty tomb. Easter chocolates and cadies are given to children for behaving well.

Finally, the cause of consistent change of annual Easter day is due to astronomical reason. Utilizing vernal equinox on March 21, Easter is celebrated on the first day of Sunday following the full moon. Therefore, Easter is observed anywhere between March 21 through April 25.

All in all, for Christians around the world, Easter is a day Jesus came to our world 2000 years ago as a Son of God. Fulling thousands of years of prophecies, Jesus willingly sacrificed Himself on the dreadful cross to remove all of our sins. Then, it is believed that Jesus was resurrected on the third day from His tomb. Recognizing that our sins were fully paid, all that is required of us is the repentance of our sins and to accept Jesus into our life.

Like Christmas, Easter is an exciting and joyful day for eveπone around the world. Religious or non-religious, Christians or Jews, Easter is a time when we all come together to recognize that we can enjoy our life together as equal human beings. Wisely and cautiously, Easter is a day we all need to blossom like a flower so that our life can change for better.

Pastor Yoonhee Lee

Go and Disciples Church

[이 게시물은 관리자님에 의해 2016-11-16 03:26:29 에듀컬쳐에서 이동 됨]
[이 게시물은 관리자님에 의해 2018-10-12 09:45:31 에듀인포에서 이동 됨]

, , ,

0 Comments
Facebook Twitter KakaoStory KakaoTalk NaverBand